Sunday, February 10, 2013

Music Pouring through my Winter Window

      Before I fall asleep at night in the winter, I slowly slide open my bedroom windows letting all the crisp air in. The glass shakes from the cold and the white wood lets out a loud scream when peeled back. A wave of cold oxygen floods into my room like rushing water in a rivers drop. The temperature stings my cheeks and my nose turns into a deep amaranth pink color. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The draft tickles my eyelashes and goose bumps crawl over my skin. I clench my floor length curtins around the window pane but the wind catches them and blows them through my room. They dance in the wind and cast shadows on the wall that look like the delicate sugar plum fairies right off the Nutcracker stage. I quickly tip-toe to my bed and snuggle under the warm blankets and fresh linened sheets. I am now warm in a frigid place that is full of unknown creatures and piercingly cold air.

5 Favorite Songs of the Day:
1. Everything's Okay by Lenka //www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkY_BksDUxo
2. 1940 (Amplive remix) by The Submarines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGKaPCewPiY
3. Wish I Stayed (Acoustic Version) by Ellie Goulding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY78asVr0CI
4. Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQj7ccvhuU
5. Santa Monica Dream by Angus and Julia Stone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMUJpdj4fV8





8 comments:

  1. I love that feeling, though I don't get it much here, down south. ;)
    I love your blog, and you're an amazing writer.
    Oh! And thanks for the five songs, I've needed to update my playlist for a white now, and now I'm goign to go check them out (well, during commercialsfor the Grammy's...lol).
    Just wanted to tell you that this is an awesome blog, and you should keep it up!

    Would you mind checking mine out (if it wouldn't be too much trouble)? Thanks, girly!


    Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love writing for some reason, I always have. The music is a little different than what everyone listen's to but I hope you like it. I'll definitely look at your blog! Have fun watching the grammy's!

      Delete
  2. Hannah,
    I would just like to say that I began reading this blog today and I am very impressed with you and your outlook on life. You're a beautiful girl and a great writer!
    I'd love to know how you take your pictures of yourself. You are a great photographer and you've inspired me to be more open to life and more creative.
    Also, I love your music suggestions, you have great taste!
    Please keep up with your blog! (I'm sure you've heard this before) Whether you know it or not, you are an influential person to many. There are always going to be people out there trying to bring you down but always keep your head up and remember God is good.

    Much love,
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous:)
      I'm so happy to hear that people like you are not only reading but interested in my blog! I really enjoy writing and having a place to put my work. It's cool to think that I am inspiring people and such and I really hope to inspire you! Maybe I'll make a video on how I take pictures for people like you who are curious. Thanks so much! I agree, God is so great and he created you, so be the beautiful person he made you to be!
      Hannah

      Delete
  3. Hannah, you truly write the most beautiful and mesmerising things! I have only very recently discovered your blog, however each of your posts encapsulate me and add some happiness to my mood :) You are very gifted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you do a blog about your room and everything so we can see what it looks like??

    ReplyDelete
  5. what kind of makeup do you use? it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what do you use to edit your photos, im into photography and i dont know any good tricks.. tips please (:

    ReplyDelete